This course is designed for Everyone who wants to learn how to prepare film quality prosthetics. During the 6 week course you will learn every aspect of making prosthetics – from designing, sculpting, moulding to painting and applying. You will learn how to make small general pieces as well as whole face prosthetics, with finishing touches as adding hair & nails.
If you like to create a a bust, props or a silicone mask – we teach that as well!
You don’t need any previous experience with makeup or prosthetics, you will learn everything during the course and Shaune Harrison will be your main tutor!
Course content overview:
- Health and safety
- Going through all the tools and materials you will be using during the course
- The theory behind Prosthetics and film industry
- Sculpting flat prosthetics (wounds, cuts, scars etc.)
- Moulding flat pieces
- Running silicone prosthetic appliances
- Applying flat pieces onto each other
- Sculpting on the face cast (injuries, wounds, scars etc.)
- Moulding prosthetics
- Applying appliances onto each other
- Painting prosthetics
- Using different types of blood, bruise gels and paint
**Course content may differ slightly and can be adjusted to students needs and their chosen projects.